CMA's Center for Economic Services (CES) is staffed by practice management
experts with a combined experience of over 125 years in medical practice
operations. Our goal is to empower physician practices by providing resources
and guidance to improve the success of your practice. In the past three years,
CES successfully recouped over $7 million from insurance companies on behalf of
our physician members. Assistance ranges from coaching and education to direct
intervention with payors or regulators. Access to CMA’s practice management
experts is members-only benefit.
When do I call CMA?
CMA members can call on CMA’s practice management experts for free one-on-one
help with contracting, billing, and payment problems. If you answer “yes” to any
of the following questions, it might be time to call for help.
- Are your claims not being paid in a timely manner?
- Are you not being paid according to your contract?
- Are your claims being denied after obtaining prior authorization or
- Are you receiving unreasonable requests for medical records or untimely
requests for refunds?
- Are you having difficulty obtaining fee schedules and/or payment rules?
- Are your claims denied for timely filing?
- Have you been presented with a managed care contract and you’re not sure
if the terms are consistent with California law?
- Have you done everything you can to resolve an issue with a payor,
including appealing, and have been unsuccessful in getting the payor to
resolve the issue?
Call CMA’s reimbursement help line today and we’ll arm you with the knowledge
you need to identify and fight unfair payment practices.
For more information
on our tools and resources,