7 Easy Ways to be a Champion of Organized Medicine
1. USE your Napa and Solano County Medical Society pen. You are an ambassador for organized medicine wherever you go. Use your pen to strike up conversations with your patients, students, and fellow physicians about key health issues or advocate on behalf of your peers or patients by writing to your elected officials. Your local medical society can help provide talking points. Pick up your pen—made from 100% recycled materials—at a Napa or Solano County Medical Society event or contact us.
2. RECRUIT a colleague to join the Napa and Solano County Medical Societies. Speak with your peers about your positive experiences with physician members and encourage them to lend support to strengthen the voice of Napa and Solano county physicians. Invite a colleague to an upcoming Napa or Solano County Medical Society networking mixer or our annual Lobby Day. Check our calendar of events.
3. VOLUNTEER to serve on a committee, coordinate an event, or represent your peers at the CMA House of Delegates.
4. ADD to the Napa and Solano County Medical Society knowledge base. Submit an editorial or article for publication to our website as we are working to educate patients and community members about local health care issues that are important to you - our membership.
6. NOMINATE a colleague to be the Physician of the Year. Help the leadership of both the Napa and Solano County Medical Societies to identify and recognize physician champions.
7. DONATE to CAL PAC. Invest in the future of medicine by making a contribution to enable NCMS/SCMS and CMA to support candidates and legislators who share our philosophy and vision of the future of health care and medical practice.